PA Vehicle Code defines an Abandoned Vehicle as:
- Any vehicle that is left physically inoperable and is left unattended on a highway or other public property for more than 48 hours.
- The vehicle has remained illegally on a highway or other public property for more than 48 hours.
- The vehicle is left unattended on or along a highway or other public property for more than 48 hours and does not bear ALL of the following:
- (a) valid registration plate
- (b) valid certificate of inspection
- (c) an ascertainable VIN
- The vehicle has been left on private property without permission for more than 24 hours.
If a vehicle meets the above listed criteria, and is reported to our department, we will leave an Abandoned Vehicle Notice Sticker on the window of the vehicle that gives the vehicle owner notice that the vehicle must be removed within 7 days.
If the vehicle owner fails to remove the vehicle within that 7 day period, the vehicle will be removed by the Moon Township Police Department at the cost of the vehicle owner.
Vehicles illegally parked on private property may be removed immediately at the property owner's request.
To report an abandoned vehicle call our dispatch center at 412-262-5000